Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS) is a security certification that proves advanced skills in using Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SELinux, and Red Hat Directory Server to meet the security requirements of today’s enterprise environment.
Current RHCEs will obtain RHCSS certification upon successfully passing all three Expertise Exams:
- EX333 Red Hat Enterprise Security: Network Services
- EX423 Enterprise Directory Services and Authentication
- EX429 SELinux Policy Administration
These courses build on the security skills covered in the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) program, which is a prerequisite.
All upper-level courses are all peer level, meaning each can be taken by someone with RHCE or equivalent skills. Any order is fine.
Curriculum and Expertise Exams
- Only current RHCEs are eligible to be certified as a Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS), while anyone can attend the courses in this track. Verify your RHCE.
- Current RHCEs will obtain RHCSS certification upon successfully passing all three Expertise Exams.
- The courses are not required as the tests can be taken separately but they are strongly recommended.